January 9th, 2007
|01:40 am - I'm doing a stolen survey on an expired lj because i'm creepy|
i forgot lj existed. Not the internet- just lj. and all of the sudden i feel very self-conscious
1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
lived in an apartment in northampton (twice), lived in providence, cat babysat, worked at a bakery, catered, worked at a punk rock store, did surveys at brown (the last 6 were within 2 weeks), met semi-famous and famous people in an informal setting, went on a plane by myself, had a terrifying adventure, took a midnight bus from prague to Berlin, went to a czech hospital, went a year without a car accident, had a pet, a shit load of things
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
my only resolution is to be do real people things. Like clean and make craftsy birthday presents and have meaningful social and professional interactions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
i think my old neighbor
3. Did anyone close to you die?
not close to me in any respect
5. What countries did you visit?
Germany, Czech Republic
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
a college degree, money?, certification to teach english (preferably a legitimate one), a trip to budapest or stockholm, a children's illustrated history of Berlin, funding, the ability to teach englsih, a legitimate excuse to not be in westchester ever, long hair, good gums, the prospect of a career, a job which does not involve calling people.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
finishing the rough draft of my Div III, Going to nebe and finding out an acquaitnace of such hung herself- and the mass drinking, having coffee with pavla, the day it was 107 and i just lay on the floor of my house shouting insanity at kate ferenzc, going to the beach with arthur and david and having people shout fag at us, the meeting with karen and jim when they told me i would fail at life, seeing krafterk in pojivice and stealing candy from tesco because i had no money..then sleeping on planks of wood ..in the woods... till our czech friends decided to drive us home.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
getting jim and karen off my committee. hands down.
9. What was your biggest failure?
various personal ones. lack of maturity and sanity at times
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
ankle, hip, 4 wisdom teeth, vagina
11. What was the best thing you bought?
i didn't buy it, but my pet bunny barbara
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
not going there
14. Where did most of your money go?
travel, rent, food, gas (travel)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Berlin, my div III, gouache, denkbilder (the pensive act of remembrance), Sura, polina, Judith M., prague, arthur all the time and our various schemes (the failed trip to iceland, ironic silkcreened underwear about Islam, visiting the beach everyday)
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
hahahaha, the sounds...dancing in anthony's kitchen..wit, nevermind 2005. Hm, tht mix in car
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder?
ii. Thinner or fatter?
i actually had food poisoning last year this time
iii. richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
being better at everything- and saving money
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
worrying, eating,escaping, not sleeping then sleeping for days, spending money
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
chinese and a movie
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
22. How many one-night stands?
ther eis no right answer to that
23. What was your favourite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
yes...but then others i don't so it works out
25. What was the best book you read?
the arcades- walter benjamin, kafka on the shore
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
a sense of direction
28. What did you want and not get?
a bunch of things
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
22. got drunk at nebe, did drunky things
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
whatever, that's a stupid question
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
jeans t-shirt, nautical themed till there was an intervention
33. What kept you sane?
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Zach Braff and Ewan McGregor
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
36. Who did you miss?
everyone and people that no longer exist
37. Who was the best new person you met?
lots and bunches
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
it is what it is.
I have to get soosososos much things done to my teethmouth and i will be stuck in westchester foreverit's just not fair